Open to Remote Applicants. No recruiters or agencies, please.
FunnelEnvy is looking for an experienced Lead Integration & API Engineer to accelerate our product development velocity by implementing high quality client and server integrations and API design. You will lead the team on API related development and documentation.
We’re a rapidly growing startup near San Francisco with a unique B2B marketing optimization platform that uses data and Predictive Revenue Optimization to automate experimentation and personalization on the website and across channels.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate has 5 or more years of experience in working with enterprise scale APIs and integrations. You’re well versed in the fundamentals of software engineering development and can work in a rapid, iterative manner with a cross functional team of engineers.
In this role you will be working with our product engineering and solutions engineering team and interfacing with customers periodically. You’ll be responsible for:
- Analyzing and understanding requirements related to realtime, client side, server-side and batch integrations.
- Standardizing and reusing integration formats and payloads across many integration types
- Managing and implementing various authentication mechanisms and challenges.
- Discovering how to properly use and leverage 3rd party data sources and APIs to benefit the FE Platform.
- Establishing standardized and well documented APIs and promoting the implementation of full API Test coverage.
- Becoming a integration and API related knowledge center for the organization and leading the implementation of well defined documentation of API and integration capabilities.
Key Competencies to be successful at this role
- Significant experience in working with 3rd party APIs and batch integrations.
- Significant experience scaling integration architecture.
- Experience in the implementation and standardization of a backend API
- Ability to communicate and influence API implementation best-practices to the rest of the team
- Experience in securing APIs and enforcing / championing data access best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodology/iterative development
- Makes decisions based on evidence
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to [email protected]